REVIEW: Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Denard

Philadelphia 1876. The Dead are rising. A zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor Fitt. Whoever controls the Dead Army has her brother. She avoids her mother's choice of husband for the lab of Spirit Hunters, including the maddeningly stubborn yet handsome Daniel. The situation threatens her reputation, and the lives of everyone in the city.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery











3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). 
I began to realize that Something Strange and Deadly was probably the book that made me realize that I really really really REALLY like steam punk. I'd always loved movies and TV that was steam punk, so I guess it makes sense that I would love steam punk novels. I loved Eleanor. She was so funny and stubborn to the point where the way she behaved around her family and friends reminded me how I act around my own family and friends. Do I get to call Eleanor a #relateableteen now?! I think yes. Daniel is either equally as stubborn and quirky as Eleanor is, or even more. It's great. Those two are quite the perfect match! If you're looking for a quick and fun read that's historical fiction with quite some steam punk, I'd definitely say that this is the book for you! I'm really glad the BookBusters decided to read this book. Thanks so much to Susan Dennard for also participating with us! (: 

 To join the BookBusters book club, click here

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 - I enjoyed the book, but there we're flaws that made me enjoy it less.
2 - I finished the book, but there were too many flaws for me to enjoy it.
1 - I could not finish the book, and I probably did not finish it....

Reviewer:
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate it (: