Happy (early) Book Birthday to Darcy Woods! Her novel Summer of Supernovas is out today, be sure to check it out!
Fans of Jennifer E. Smith and Jenny Han will fall in love with this heartfelt and humor-laced debut following one girl’s race to find the guy of her cosmic dreams. When zodiac-obsessed teen Wilamena Carlisle discovers a planetary alignment that won’t repeat for a decade, she’s forced to tackle her greatest astrological fear: The Fifth House—relationships and love. But when Wil falls for a sensitive guitar player hailing from the wrong side of the astrology chart, she must decide whether a cosmically doomed love is worth rejecting her dead mother’s legacy and the very system she’s faithfully followed through a lifetime of unfailing belief.
Five Random Factoids About Darcy
- She has an irrational fear of seaweed (but fearless when it comes to eating it).
- Vintage dresses, fun shoes, and brilliant red lipstick make her heart go pitter patter.
- She once qualified Expert level with an M-16 and has some wicked bayonet skills.
- Music is her muse. Every story she writes has a ridiculously long and diverse playlist.
- If the moon were really made of cheese, she would lasso it and spread it on crackers.