Fallen by Lauren Kate book review (spoiler free)

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours? 17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart.  Get ready to fall . . .


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Rate:
1 0f 5 stars







Review:
When I decided to read this book, I thought it would be great. I was COMPLETELY wrong. Usually, if I set my mind to reading book I can finish it in about 2 hours. Usually that 2 hours is spread throughout my week, but I fly through books. That wasn't the case for this one. It took me an entire week just to reach chapter five. The book itself has the essence. I don't know why, but while I was reading this book it felt like a story that I have read. But it wasn't a good feeling. I knew exactly what book it was. It was twilight. Luce has this obsession with Daniel and it's just like Bella's obsession with a sparkly vampire named Edward. As soon as I had that thought in my mind, I really started to dread this book. Iv'e heard so many things about it. Good things. I don't know why I can't bring myself to even try to reconsider it. I know I was always told to not judge a book by its cover, but I am judging. Should a book this gorgeous be that bad? I'm not sure. It drove me insane. The cover actually reminds me of the "tumblr face plant". I've seen it everywhere on tumblr and Instgram. Was this where all those girls got it from? Who knows. You can try reading this book. I wouldn't recommend it. It was a real let down. Some people will love it, some people will absolutely hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate it (: